Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning ON/OFF parts of components

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
pixel_pete
1251 Views, 3 Replies

Turning ON/OFF parts of components

I have created a new custom component that is basically a block which has a "tab" on each surface. I would like to be able to turn ON/OFF the various tabs in the Properties (or Type Properties) Dialogue Box for each of these components on a component by component basis.  Is it possible for me to create a custom section within the Properties Dialogue Box which allows me to turn ON/OFF each of these tabs as I like?

Ideally, there would be a list in the Properties Box like this

Top Tab: 

Bottom Tab:

Right Tab:

Left Tab:  

For each Tab, I would check or uncheck a box, or say ON or OFF and the object would display or not display in the model. 

Any help is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
klaus
in reply to: pixel_pete

Not sure I folow you here, but if you by "tab" means a new catergory to sort the parameters by, then no.

If you just wana create the paarameters, "Top Tab:", "Bottom Tab:" etc., and sort them under i.e. "Graphics" you create those parameters as "Yes/No" parameters, and asign the parameter to the tab objects.

(select geometry > properties > visibility > click the tiny square box > assign the parameter you just created)

-Munkholm
RevitForum.org
Message 3 of 4
pixel_pete
in reply to: klaus

KM,

You do understand me correctly.  It sounds like I need to create a Family Type for each possible variation of block.  I had wanted to give each tab a name and turn them ON/OFF on a block-by-block basis and create a schedule of which blocks have which tabs turned ON.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
klaus
in reply to: pixel_pete

You can do that, but you need to make the Yes/No parameters INSTANCE based to turn them on/offa block-by-block basis.

Besides the parameters also need to be SHARED parameters, if you wanna use them in schedules.

-Munkholm
RevitForum.org

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report