Revit Architecture

cadmansteve
Message 1 of 2 (183 Views)

Trusses

183 Views, 1 Replies
12-03-2012 11:29 AM

I am laying out a simple structure. Bearing wall to bearing wall is 35’, with a few non bearing walls between the bearing walls. I will be using a truss to span from bearing wall to bearing wall.; Do I need to model the trusses or are their pre-made trusses with ¼”/1’-0” slope some were online.

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 2 (170 Views)

Re: Trusses

12-03-2012 02:00 PM in reply to: cadmansteve

For the truss, you could start with a flat truss, such as a Pratt. Then do the sloped roof. Then select the truss and use "Attach top/bottom" "Top" and select the roof. The top of the truss will adquire the slope of the roof.

For the different type of wall above roof level, simply stop the lower wall at roof level, and use a different wall type above the roof.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube