Revit Architecture

lisalldt
Message 1 of 4 (321 Views)

Troubkle placing components

321 Views, 3 Replies
08-26-2010 11:21 AM

Whom ever who can help me with this,

I'm tgrying to place my range hood component in my east kitchen elevation view and revit will not allow it and when i siwtch to the first floor view to add the componenet it places it in sideways but when i switch to an oppisite view such as south or north view my range hood that goes over the stove in the east view it comes up the right way but when i try and move it into the correct view its shows up sideways still whatver shall i do????

*Expert Elite*
LisaDrago
Message 2 of 4 (320 Views)

Re: Troubkle placing components

08-26-2010 11:28 AM in reply to: lisalldt

Can you post an image of it?

is the component based - like ceiling based, wall based, line based?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Active Contributor
bcarriere
Message 3 of 4 (116 Views)

12-15-2012 07:10 PM in reply to: lisalldt

I am having problems with the same component. I downloaded it from Autodesk seek (see attached). How do I get it to display properly in plan and elevation? When I place it in the floor plan, I get this message:

"None of the created elements are visible in Floor Plan: First Floor View. You may want to check the active view, its Parameters, and Visibility settings, as well as any Plan Regions and their settings."

When I try to place it in elevation, I get this message:

"This type of Component cannot be placed in Elevation or Section view"

I have everything turned on in graphic visibility. What am I missing?

Active Contributor
bcarriere
Message 4 of 4 (109 Views)

12-15-2012 09:22 PM in reply to: bcarriere

I figured it out. It was the view range of the first floor plan. I had to adjust the cut plane offset in the view range dialog.:smileyhappy:

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube