Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toposurface not showing on site plan

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
craigj000
34205 Views, 12 Replies

Toposurface not showing on site plan

I've checked the visibility/graphics override and all is well there. The view range is set so that the topo should be viewable, but I cannot see the toposurface. Is there any other parameters I need to be aware of when trying to view the toposurface?
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: craigj000

Try typing za for zoom all to see if shows up. Make sure the topo autocad
file is not located way out in space somewhere, that is make sure it is near
0,0 in autocad prior to importing the file Those are just a few initial
thoughts.

"craigj000" wrote in message news:6398015@discussion.autodesk.com...
> I've checked the visibility/graphics override and all is well there. The
> view range is set so that the topo should be viewable, but I cannot see
> the toposurface. Is there any other parameters I need to be aware of when
> trying to view the toposurface?
Message 3 of 13
robert

Check your phase filter in the view settings. Make sure it's set to show all- it could be it's set to show new and the toposurface has been set to "existing".
Message 4 of 13
craigj000

When I placed the toposurface I was careful to place it at 150mm below the finished floor level of the warehouse. This shows up in the right spot when lookin at the building and surrounding area in 3D, and when looking in plan view at say the roof apex height (around 12m from ground level), but on other certain levels like the second floor level the topo disappears. I didn't import a CAD file to do the topo as the tutor wanted to keep the site looking simple for now so I only placed 4 spot elevations at either edge of the property boundary to create a flat site. I have checked the phase filters as well and they are all in order, i.e. the phase filter for the roof level where I can view the topo has the same settings as the second floor level where I cannot see the topo. The site plan also shares the same phase settings. The view on the site plan has been changed to "show all" and the topo setting is set on phase 1.
Message 5 of 13
craigj000

The only thing I can tell that is different with the site plan compared to a view that I can see the topo in is that in the instance properties of the site plan under the graphics parameter, there is a parameter called "detail number" which is set to 1. There is no parameter like this in the other view where I can see the toposurface.
Message 6 of 13
craigj000

I'm not 100% sure how I did it, but I've managed to get the topo surface working. I think it had something to do with the site plan view template, but cannot put my finger on exactly what it was that was affecting the visibility of the toposurface. Thanks for the advice none the less.
Message 7 of 13
f.euphii

Hey Craig,

I had the same problem. I think I know what you unintenionally did to fix the problem. You might have changed the view depth under View Range. Mine was set to 0(zero) so it was not showing any topo. As soon as that was changed, topo came back on.

Cheers

Message 8 of 13
martin.delgado3

I know this thread is old but I found it relevant, so I will share how I solved the issue on Revit 2018. Step one: Open Visibility/ Graphics Overrides (Found in "view tab/ribbon" or in "properties" window [shortcut "PP"] ) check the box for "Topography" select apply, then okay. Step Two: Open the "View Range" in the "properties" window by selecting "edit" to the right of " View Range", lower the "view depth" and "Bottom" values to a number below the topography. (If -150mm is the level of your topography then any number -151mm or lower will do.)

Message 9 of 13

Addition: check what level of detail the topography visibility is set on in the "Visibility/ Graphic Overrides". If the setting is Medium and the view is being displayed in course, then the topography will not be visible.

Message 10 of 13
antony_fria
in reply to: f.euphii

THANK YOUUUUUUU BEEN STUCK ON THAT FOR AN HOUR

Message 11 of 13
timpy6
in reply to: martin.delgado3

@martin.delgado3 wrote:

Addition: check what level of detail the topography visibility is set on in the "Visibility/ Graphic Overrides". If the setting is Medium and the view is being displayed in course, then the topography will not be visible.

This is not true. If you set the "Visibility/ Graphic Overrides" of Topography to Medium and the view is being displayed in Course, then the topography will simply be overridden to display in Medium (instead of Course) just as you specified in the settings. Try it out yourself and see.
Message 12 of 13
toplinkarcher

Hi
I could not find too, could you please let me know if you find solution

Message 13 of 13
PeterChrien2

It is to do with your view range. If your topo is below level 00 and you created floor plan at level 00, then you wont see it. Extend it to unlimited or whatever and it will show up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report