Revit Architecture

Message 1 of 5 (249 Views)

Toposurface from 'import instance'

249 Views, 4 Replies
03-20-2007 12:52 AM
In Revit 9.0 I easily create a toposurface from the 'import instance' function. In Revit 9.1 however, I follow exactly the same steps, but it is impossible to create the toposurface, as the imported drawing does not want to highlight (or do anything when you move the cursor over it) once I have selected the 'import instance' function. IE i follow the Help file step by step and get a result in 9.0 but no result in 9.1...What's going on, does anyone know?
Distinguished Contributor
Message 2 of 5 (249 Views)

Re: Toposurface from 'import instance'

03-20-2007 04:44 AM in reply to: avdm
I am guessing that you imported your DWG into the current view when importing it. I had the same problem and deduced that the factory made a change that you now have to import the DWG into every view inorder to select it.

Mel Persin, AIA
Message 3 of 5 (249 Views)

03-19-2009 05:21 PM in reply to: avdm
I had the exact same problem! I tried importing directly into the sketch mode but it still doesn't work - any suggestions?
*Jeff Hanson \(Autodesk\)
Message 4 of 5 (249 Views)

03-19-2009 06:53 PM in reply to: avdm

When you try to use an imported DWG to create a
toposurface you need to make sure when importing you do NOT have the "current
view only" check box checked.

--
Jeff Hanson
Autodesk - AEC User Experience
Team
Manchester, NH

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
I
had the exact same problem! I tried importing directly into the sketch mode
but it still doesn't work - any suggestions?
sllana
Message 5 of 5 (183 Views)

03-29-2011 12:19 PM in reply to: avdm

This is what i call a very usefull answer, thank you very much.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube