Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topography and elevation - Ground line

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rlabib
7615 Views, 2 Replies

Topography and elevation - Ground line

Hi,

how do I clean up the topography lines In elevation view, as you can see in the atached image topography lines are shown and they look messy . I only need to show the ground line . I had to create a mask region to hide the lines and draw only one ground line but I feel this is inaccurate way to resolve this. Any better  ideas out there ?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TroppoSA
in reply to: rlabib

I hope there was a better solution. but the answer is no. I did the same using mask region or a region to cover messy lines in elevations/ sections. Toposurface has been a weak spot for years. still no sign of improvement.

Message 3 of 3
loboarch
in reply to: rlabib

There are 2 things you can do to make this look better.

The first thing is to make sure the projection plane of the elevation is located inside the boundary of the toposurface so when the elevation is projected the toposurface is "cut" this will give a much darker line along the edge of the topography and give it some poche below the line making the ground line read better.

elevation_line.png

The other thing you can do is turn off the primary and secondary contour lines in the visibility and graphics of the elevation view.  This will remove the interior lines you are seeing on the toposurface.

contours_on.png

Contours on

contours_off.png

Contours off

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report