Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topography Quality

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
166 Views, 1 Reply

Topography Quality

The topography for Revit has been great for our firm until we realized that all of the time and effort we had put into adding points into our topography surface was somewhat all for not. After looking at a few project’s topography, we realize that the created surface from Revit actually doesn’t always follow our points. Has anyone noticed this situation and more importantly has anyone figured out how to configure Revit to follow all our points that we have painstakingly entered? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The topography does follow the points, however the countour line maynot. If your settings are correct it should come very close. Revit has problems with swales. but if you add enough points along curves it follows them quite well in my experience. However I very rarely input my on points, its easier to draw the countour lines, move them to the right elevation, export to acad and re import, then use that import to create the topo surface from. Or in most cases we have a civil drawing that allready has the contour lines at the proper elevation and you use that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report