Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topography Edges

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Montello
1106 Views, 4 Replies

Topography Edges

I would like for my topo surface to have edges, as if the acutal ground were cut off. In otherwords, I would like to show a surface with volume as opposed to just a potato chip. See my image.

I have noticed that all the videos and images I see of toposurfaces look volumetric rather than a wafer. However, mine look like a chip.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I know two methods:

1.  using Section Box  -

• In Site Plan make a Section on the direction you want to crop the terrain
  • In 3d View aply Properties>Section Box...Right Click on View Cube ..select Orient to View ...select the Section you.ve made...
  • Now Rotate the 3d image and move arrows to cut the terrain...you will obtain a cutted terrain by a rectangle

2. using Massing and Site > Split Surface...you will have a phisical cut

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Montello
in reply to: Montello

Thanks for your message. I already trimed the surface and the effect of the scope box is not what I'm looking for. Check this image for what I'm looking for. I want the surface to look like a solid.

Message 4 of 5

I did it with SECTION BOX....Why do you say it doesn't work?...It seems me that this is what you are looking fore...Am I not right? ...Look in the attached file...

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Montello
in reply to: Montello

OK, I tried it and it does work.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report