Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topo & Project base points

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
steve
3555 Views, 8 Replies

Topo & Project base points

I started my project using 0'-0" for my first floor. Using level "shared elevation" to change 0'-0" to it's actual elevation of 1200.00' works for the building. However, when inputing the topo elevations the 1200 foot level does not correspond to the 1200 foot level when in shared level elevation. How do I adjust either base point so both read the same.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
loboarch
in reply to: steve

If you unclip (the paperclip icon) the survey point you can change its elevation to whatever your need is.  Then clip it back.  Now if you set your contour lables to used the shared coordinate they will read 1000+'

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 9
steve

I don't see a paperclip or a pin. where would this be?

Message 4 of 9
loboarch

@steve wrote:

I don't see a paperclip or a pin. where would this be?

When you select the survey point the paperclip is to the left side of the triangle point.

paperclip.png

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 5 of 9
steve
in reply to: loboarch

Found it when I clicked on the project base point. Thanks, I'll give it a try and let you know how it turned out.

Steve Clark

Stephen Clark Architect

14900 Pierce Road

Saratoga, CA 95070

voice: (408) 867-09980

Message 6 of 9
steve
in reply to: loboarch

Thanks Jeff,

I must have spent 4-5 hours yesterday and today trying to figure out what to do. Tried to find what I was missing in "Mastering Autodesk Revit Architecture 2011, got frustrated and ordered 2012 version.

Thanks again. I'm back on schedule.

Steve

Message 7 of 9
ljhudson

I read this post a few days ago and thought every thing was okay once I input the items.

But now it seems like its all screwed up

I have imported a civil plan and made a topo for it in revit. so the topo mass came in at a much higher elevation. 

so I went back to my paperclip to try and change some figures, but I get so confused by whats cliped and unclipped that some how. I get negative numbers and postived but none is actaully based on the corrected level. I am always getting numbers 100 or 200 off going in either directed 

Is there a way to reset?

Message 8 of 9
dan.de.lions60

I have my Survey Point at 0.00 Elevations and my Project Point at 650,000. This way my Point Elevations with annotate properly.

However! I'm trying to place my topography now, but my topography is using my project point as the reference point, so my topo is somwhere in the sky. Example if I place my first point at 650,000, from actual survey elevation would be 1,300,000.

One solution is to do the topo then bring the whole thing back down, but is there a way to simply set the topography refence point to the Survey Point?

Hope that makes sense.

Message 9 of 9
zr2
Community Visitor
in reply to: dan.de.lions60

I have same proble. so how to creating topographu using Survey point as Reference?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report