Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toilet Family Mounting Height

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dbroad
3109 Views, 4 Replies

Toilet Family Mounting Height

In Revit, the component family, Revit US Imperial->Plumbing->Architectural->Fixtures->Water Closets->Toilet Commercial-Wall-3D has two mounting heights (15" and 19").  In a project context, changing between the 15" and 19" mounting heights makes no visible changes in the left and front views.

When editing the family, changing the mounting heights do visibly affect the height of the toilet.  Why would the family perform correctly in the family editor but not in the project?

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: dbroad

In the family, create a reference plane, align it and lock it to the level. Delete the dimension. Hide the level. Create a new dimension between the 2 reference planes, as shown in this illustration. Convert that dimension into the existing parameter that controls the height. Reload into project. Try changing the types again. It should work now.

10-25-2013 2-08-56 PM.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 5
dbroad
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks Alfred.

Odd that the OOTB content would be hobbled like that.  I am attaching a revised family.  Perhaps Autodesk could substitute it on the 2015 release.  No point in errors being carried forward.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 4 of 5
Alfredo_Medina

This is why I usually hide the level line in my elevation views in the family editor before creating a dimension that controls height.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 5
angesarnoDHK

This family doesn't seem to appear right either, when I uploaded the edited version, the height parameter changes now, but everything is 5" higher than the parameter says (17" toilet mount height is showing as 22" from level). I tried uploading it into completely new/ clean model with floor level 0'-0" and it still shows 5" higher consistently. Any thoughts?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report