Revit Architecture

*Expert Elite*
dbroad
Message 1 of 4 (429 Views)
Accepted Solution

Toilet Family Mounting Height

429 Views, 3 Replies
10-25-2013 10:47 AM

In Revit, the component family, Revit US Imperial->Plumbing->Architectural->Fixtures->Water Closets->Toilet Commercial-Wall-3D has two mounting heights (15" and 19").  In a project context, changing between the 15" and 19" mounting heights makes no visible changes in the left and front views.

When editing the family, changing the mounting heights do visibly affect the height of the toilet.  Why would the family perform correctly in the family editor but not in the project?

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 4 (415 Views)

Re: Toilet Family Mounting Height

10-25-2013 11:17 AM in reply to: dbroad

In the family, create a reference plane, align it and lock it to the level. Delete the dimension. Hide the level. Create a new dimension between the 2 reference planes, as shown in this illustration. Convert that dimension into the existing parameter that controls the height. Reload into project. Try changing the types again. It should work now.

10-25-2013 2-08-56 PM.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
*Expert Elite*
dbroad
Message 3 of 4 (351 Views)

10-27-2013 10:37 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks Alfred.

Odd that the OOTB content would be hobbled like that.  I am attaching a revised family.  Perhaps Autodesk could substitute it on the 2015 release.  No point in errors being carried forward.

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 4 of 4 (319 Views)

10-28-2013 09:51 AM in reply to: dbroad

This is why I usually hide the level line in my elevation views in the family editor before creating a dimension that controls height.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube