Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Titleblock CAD importing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Drogo_Baggins1
376 Views, 2 Replies

Titleblock CAD importing

I have Revit 2012.  Trying to import a titleblock from Architectural Desktop 2006.  When I follow the User Guide guidelines I get to step 3 and then this message:

"Import Geometry Not Visible
The import geometry will not be visible in the view using the current settings.
The origin of the import will be centered on the origin of the model instead. You can view the import in any view where its geometry is within the extents."

What does this mean??? The ZF command only opens up the Import CAD formats window. The original titleblock is in modelspace of the dwg file. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
LisaDrago
in reply to: Drogo_Baggins1

My thought is what you have brought in is not within the crop region or is below or above your current level - if you go to an elevation view can you see it? Make sure you do not have the view cropped.

Well - lets step back a moment- are you trying to create a new titleblock? Are you in a titleblock family? Or are in a project?

A little more info will help me to help you!

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 3
Drogo_Baggins1
in reply to: LisaDrago

The original titleblock was in model space.  I copied it to paper space and was able to import it into Revit.

That small technicality is not mentioned at all in the User Guidelines.....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report