Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title Block Family Parameters

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
davidtetro
3705 Views, 3 Replies

Title Block Family Parameters

Does anyone know how to create a 'No/Yes' or visibility parameter for a title block?  I have my Architectural Seal as an image inserted into my title block family.  I want to have that as a parameter for visibility so I can have it turned off (yeah, I know - AutoCAD language - sorry) until I am ready to print for final building department submission filing.

If possible, this would be a global adjustment so I would operate this parameter once and will affect all the sheets in the project instead of having two title block families and swapping those out at the time of filing.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: davidtetro

Remove the image from the title block. Create a new generic annotation family, and insert the image in it. Load this annotation into the titleblock family, place it on the titleblock, and associate its visibility with a yes/no type parameter. If the parameter is yes, the seal will be visible in all the sheets. Otherwise, it will be hidden.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: davidtetro

As the previous post indicates, you can't control an Image's visibility with Parameters.

And to elaborate on how to create the Yes/No Parameter:

In the title block family, under the Home tab, click Family Types. Click "Add..." on the right. Enter a Name for your parameter, and set the Type to "Yes/No".

If you wish, you can set the Group to "Graphics", but this only affects how the parameter will be sorted under Properties.

Now there are two choices**: "Type" and "Instance". Choose "Type" and click OK. Click OK again to close the Family Types Dialog.

Now that your Parameter is created, select your Generic Annotation. Under properties, you will see a Parameter for Visibility. Click on the small gray button to the right side of this Parameter. Choose your Parameter from the list - this will create a direct link. Load the family back into project.

**In this case, you want "Type" so that this Parameter will control all of the borders in your project of that Type. Instance would be the case only if you needed to turn it on in specific Sheets.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 4
davidtetro
in reply to: CoreyDaun

It must be because I come from many years of an AutoCad user - and AutoCad Architecture.  I find that Revit is so darn easy sometimes it is hard.  The solution you both presented was clear and obvious - but, things in AutoCad aren't always obvious - I need to break out of that mentality...

Thanks you two for the information!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report