Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timber Framing for Autodesk Revit 2014

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
stuart_willows
398 Views, 2 Replies

Timber Framing for Autodesk Revit 2014

Has anyone used the above app? Is it any good? Does it allow timbers to be scheduled to provide cutting schedules?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
josh
in reply to: stuart_willows

I tried to use it, but it completely slowed my computer and file, and was a lot of work for very little progress. It is a good idea, but the third party application just doesnt quite have it yet. I did not do anything with scheduling because the initial process was so frusterating. Recommendation is to try it out for yourself, see how it goes.

Message 3 of 3
Alisder.Brown
in reply to: josh

I used it for a while. It took me a bit to get use to how it works but once you get the hang of it it can produce some very good results. It places its own components that get loaded in with the addon and yes, you can get schedules from it and with a bit of formatting some decent cut length ones. 

It is a fairly clunky addon and can take a long time to set up and use correctly. Plus it gave me alot of lovely Revit crashes lol Wouldnt really reccomend it for live project work, but is a good side project if you want to give it a bash.

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report