Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three Persistent Stair Issues

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
garvinbrown
395 Views, 0 Replies

Three Persistent Stair Issues

I have searched with some mixed success on the following issues. I'm posting here in hopes for clear and concise answers that may help me and the many others who probably suffer through these (hopefully easy to fix) issues in silence.

1) When creating monolithic stairs, the last riser often does not reach the level of the floor slab.  I have learned that if I un-choose the option "End With Riser"  I can often get the stair to look correct in section (last riser and tread aligns with the top of slab of the floor above).  However there are two problems doing it this way

a) The stair output does not give an error, but it shows one less than the actual number of risers needed. For example a stair that should display 18 risers instead shows 17 + 1 risers.  Is there a better way of doing this?

b) I get a line in Floor Plan view that looks like another stair (see attached image). This apparently is the stair with a landing created because I un-chose "End With Riser".  Is there a way to seamlesely connect the stair to the slab so that this graphic representation is a little better architecturally?  I would hate to use Line Work on a high rise!   (I have already tried the "Join" command to no avail)

2) Stair Paths are driving me crazy!  Often times, switch back stairs show arrow heads way past the cut mark, even though I have set the parameter to be 1/8" from the cut mark (see attached image).  I do stair paths by goihnto Annotate, Stair Path, after my stairs have been designed.  Is there a workflow that will not cause this issue to happen?

Any help would save many gray hairs and sleepless nights.  Thanks AGain.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report