Valued Mentor
gh_ar
Message 1 of 4 (371 Views)
Accepted Solution

The proposed method for modeling

371 Views, 3 Replies
12-28-2013 02:25 PM

hi

In your opinion, Can I create a method like the following picture.

52718670e8e44e88a000070f_prince-housing-sales-center-lab-modus_005-1000x666.jpg

*Expert Elite*
constantin.stroescu
Message 2 of 4 (302 Views)

Re: The proposed method for modeling

12-30-2013 04:52 PM in reply to: gh_ar

In such a case I think that the most appropriate method is using   Mass Floors  ( for sun shading structure and Wall by Face for the perforation borders :

1. In Project ( Conceptual Mass can also be used) > Massing and Site > In- Place Mass > on Level 1 draw a closed shape ( I made a Spline Through Points)
  2. select the shape edges and : Create Form >Solid Form
  3. in a 3d View adjust the height of extrusion, then select (using TAB) the upper surface > Edit Profile and and pull the points as you want to obtain a different shape ( image 01
  4. the Mass become something like in image 02
  5. Now, create a Void - setting  Level 1 as Work Plane > Pick Lines with an offset equal with the depth of your desired horizontal sun shading structure and then setting Work Plane to Level 2 repeat the process  - a mass as in image 03 will be obtained
  6. Now ,back into the Project , in Level 1 Floor Plan , draw a Reference Plane and Name it  ( I call it Ref Plane A) - Image 04
  7.  select the Mass  >  Edit in Place  In an Elevation View paralel with Reference plane A  , set the Work Plane to Ref Plane A and draw a shape for the hole  - image 05 - and then, Create Form > Solid Form - for the moment -  ( image 06 )
  8. edit the top face of the new extrusion pulling the driving points  (image 07 ). Insert a Profil in X-Ray  so to make curvature (image 08 )
  9. from Propertie , turn the new extrusion into a Void   - the result is like in image 09
  10. finish Mass and turn to Project
  11. in Project , in an Elevation View  draw a new Level and using array cover the whole height of the building - name the levels somehow (A to S in my case) . The new Levels reprezent the distance between horizontal sun shading elements...image 010
  12. Create Mass Floors at selected levels ( A -S)  and , after that : Floor > Floor by Face > Multiple Selection - use window selection to select all mass floors . You have to make a special type of floor with the thicknes of you mullion  - image 013
  13. as for the hole borders use : Wall > Wall by Face > Location Line > Finish Face Interior - the final result is something like in image 014

Other methods could be : Curtain Wall or using Divide Surface with Curtain Panel Pattern Based, but in my oppinion they have not such a good result

014.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Valued Mentor
gh_ar
Message 3 of 4 (297 Views)

12-30-2013 05:02 PM in reply to: constantin.stroescu

Hi constantin.stroescu

I am really grateful to you that you always answer my questions.

I wish I could to do compensate for commend your efforts.

I'm trying to display the result

Active Contributor
arcitek
Message 4 of 4 (193 Views)

01-05-2014 10:44 PM in reply to: constantin.stroescu

Actually, I just wanted to add a positive comment and commend you for such a great, detailed response.  Really awesome to see that kind of help.  

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.