Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The proposed method for modeling

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
GHASEM_ARIYANI
660 Views, 3 Replies

The proposed method for modeling

hi

In your opinion, Can I create a method like the following picture.

52718670e8e44e88a000070f_prince-housing-sales-center-lab-modus_005-1000x666.jpg

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

In such a case I think that the most appropriate method is using   Mass Floors  ( for sun shading structure and Wall by Face for the perforation borders :

1. In Project ( Conceptual Mass can also be used) > Massing and Site > In- Place Mass > on Level 1 draw a closed shape ( I made a Spline Through Points)
  2. select the shape edges and : Create Form >Solid Form
  3. in a 3d View adjust the height of extrusion, then select (using TAB) the upper surface > Edit Profile and and pull the points as you want to obtain a different shape ( image 01
  4. the Mass become something like in image 02
  5. Now, create a Void - setting  Level 1 as Work Plane > Pick Lines with an offset equal with the depth of your desired horizontal sun shading structure and then setting Work Plane to Level 2 repeat the process  - a mass as in image 03 will be obtained
  6. Now ,back into the Project , in Level 1 Floor Plan , draw a Reference Plane and Name it  ( I call it Ref Plane A) - Image 04
  7.  select the Mass  >  Edit in Place  In an Elevation View paralel with Reference plane A  , set the Work Plane to Ref Plane A and draw a shape for the hole  - image 05 - and then, Create Form > Solid Form - for the moment -  ( image 06 )
  8. edit the top face of the new extrusion pulling the driving points  (image 07 ). Insert a Profil in X-Ray  so to make curvature (image 08 )
  9. from Propertie , turn the new extrusion into a Void   - the result is like in image 09
  10. finish Mass and turn to Project
  11. in Project , in an Elevation View  draw a new Level and using array cover the whole height of the building - name the levels somehow (A to S in my case) . The new Levels reprezent the distance between horizontal sun shading elements...image 010
  12. Create Mass Floors at selected levels ( A -S)  and , after that : Floor > Floor by Face > Multiple Selection - use window selection to select all mass floors . You have to make a special type of floor with the thicknes of you mullion  - image 013
  13. as for the hole borders use : Wall > Wall by Face > Location Line > Finish Face Interior - the final result is something like in image 014

Other methods could be : Curtain Wall or using Divide Surface with Curtain Panel Pattern Based, but in my oppinion they have not such a good result

014.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 4

Hi constantin.stroescu

I am really grateful to you that you always answer my questions.

I wish I could to do compensate for commend your efforts.

I'm trying to display the result

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 4

Actually, I just wanted to add a positive comment and commend you for such a great, detailed response.  Really awesome to see that kind of help.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report