Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The educational version

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
tareq101
5174 Views, 9 Replies

The educational version

Hello, 

I wonder whether the educational version of autodesk revit architecture 

http://www.unimall.de/product_info.php?info=p24574_Autodesk-AutoCAD-Revit-Architecture-Suite-2011-EN...

is a full version and whether there any limitations to it. 

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
LisaDrago
in reply to: tareq101

An educational license is a full version - but it cannot be used to produce commercial work. It will be in the license info.

It will also print with a watermark stating it is a student/educational version. That will (or at least) should not be accepted for commercial work.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 10
tareq101

Thank you for your reply. But shouldn't this be the free version to students? The one in the above link sells for 69 Euros.

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 10
LisaDrago

I do not handle educational licenses, but I believe they are heavily discounted for students. That is the reason for the watermark - to prevent licenses being sold at discounted rates and commercial companies getting their hands on them.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 5 of 10
loboarch

You can download a free version of Revit at:

students.autodesk.com

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 6 of 10
bdnwtkfg

How do we get rid of it? Do we have to purchase something?. . . I can't work on my class projects at home and print them, because I got marked down for having them on the finished sheets. I am working full time, and go to school full time, and sometimes can't print in class. . . Please help!

Thanks much in advance!!!

David

Message 7 of 10
loboarch
in reply to: bdnwtkfg

@Anonymous wrote:

How do we get rid of it? Do we have to purchase something?. . .

You can't get rid of the plot stamp when you print from an educational version.  In order to not have the plot stamp on the edge of the print you would need to purchase a full license of Revit.

Jeff Hanson
Revit Help |
Message 8 of 10
Rybin-Owner
in reply to: loboarch

I just purchased full license, but it still prints with the black bars. Is there some special step I need to do first?
Message 9 of 10
LisaDrago
in reply to: Rybin-Owner

To my current knowledge - the student version watermark is imbedded in the project file and cannot be removed. Once a project is open and saved in a student version - there is no way to remove this watermark.

LD

Message 10 of 10
loboarch
in reply to: LisaDrago

@LisaDrago wrote:

To my current knowledge - the student version watermark is imbedded in the project file and cannot be removed. Once a project is open and saved in a student version - there is no way to remove this watermark.

LD

This is true for AutoCAD.  The file itself carries the watermark, but I think for Revitthe version you are printing wiht is what makes the watermark.

If you have upgraded your Revit you should no longer see the watermark when printing.  Perhaps you need to do a complete un-install of Revit and then re-install the purchased version in order to replace all of the program files (one of which is causing the watermark).

Jeff Hanson
Revit Help |

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report