Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Conundrum

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
thoov106
671 Views, 5 Replies

Text Conundrum

Any ideas why the two fonts below appear to be different. They have exactly the same font type parameters, except that one is a label and the other is a text box. The text line on top is a label, Arial font, not bold, 3/32 size, 1.000000 width factor. The text line on the bottom is a text box, Arial Font, not bold, 3/32 size, 1.0000000 width factor.

text.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
SteveKStafford
in reply to: thoov106

It sure looks like one is Bold and the other isn't...  care to post the file?

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 3 of 6
David_W_Koch

I agree with Steve. In Revit 2014, I created a Generic Annotation family with a label, using 3/32" high Arial, non-bolded, 1.000 width text and loaded it into a project and compared it to a text object using the same specifications and, in my file, they looked identical.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 4 of 6
damo3

How was it formatted? In Revit, the text can be made bold without the type properties being ticked as Bold. When you place text, you have formatting options in the ribbon. You can apply bold formatting to text without effecting the type properties. think of it as instance properties for text.

Perhaps you have bold formatting on?

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find posts have solved your problem, please don't forget to mark them as 'SOLVED' to help others with similar questions. - Thank you.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Message 5 of 6
thoov106
in reply to: damo3

Thanks for the help damo3. This solution is too simple, but it is exactly what the problem was. The bold text box button in the ribbon was turned on, although when I highlight more than one word, the box button turned off. Apparently Revit doesnt consider spaces to be bold.  

Message 6 of 6
damo3

Your welcome. Glad it helped.

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find posts have solved your problem, please don't forget to mark them as 'SOLVED' to help others with similar questions. - Thank you.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report