Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Templates and families missing

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
rock9
2494 Views, 7 Replies

Templates and families missing

I recently got revit 2012. It installed fine, however I see no templates or revit family in the following folder

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RAC 2012

How should I get the families and templates for revit?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
parveen.revit
in reply to: rock9

it you have the facility to copy and paste it from any other computer, do it.

otherwise you can repare your installation.

Parveen_Intec_Infocom (BIM, CAD, GIS, QS Services' Provider)
Message 3 of 8
Joe.Charpentier

For r2012 and r2013, content is not available on the website as it was in earlier releases.
You need to get the content through the installer.
Run the "repair" installer: Programs and Features>Autodesk Revit 2013>Uninstall/Change
In the Installer dialog, choose "Add or Remove Features", then choose the content packs you would like to install.

Joe 

Message 4 of 8
rock9
in reply to: Joe.Charpentier

I tried repair but couldn't get my families, I reinstalled everything, but still cannot get the template files and family files. I copied pasted my old revit architecture 2009 template and family files. Does revit 2012 has new families? 

Message 5 of 8
parveen.revit

I hope the copy and paste formula worked well.

Issue with 2009 families would be that your 2012 version will always upgrade them while loading into project or opening those families.

it's better that you copy these elements from any other computer which has 2012 version installed (any other colleague or friends's computer) and paste into your machine.

yes, 2012 has new families.

Parveen_Intec_Infocom (BIM, CAD, GIS, QS Services' Provider)
Message 6 of 8
jdiaz
in reply to: parveen.revit

Yeah, thats happened to me, and this is what I did...

Go to Control Panel, Unistall a Program, select AutoDesk Revit 2012, click "Unistall / Change", and when the AutoDesk Windows comes up, select "Add or Remove Features. Then check mark under Select Contect, then click Next....

Message 7 of 8
jdiaz
in reply to: jdiaz

You also can go to Autodesk SEEK.com and download all family you like.

Message 8 of 8
rock9
in reply to: jdiaz

i went to this website, but there i would have to download it one by one. can i get bulk download anywhere?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report