Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Takeoff for Soffit

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
kate_vanhout
1178 Views, 6 Replies

Takeoff for Soffit

I have soffit drawn in my project and would like to get a takeoff for it... But I can't seem to find a way to get that information. Any ideas?! Or Should I just create a profile called soffit and make it work?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Paul_F_Aubin
in reply to: kate_vanhout

Hello:

So are you trying to do a material takeoff for the soffit? Looks like that category does not show up for material takeoffs. Not sure why. But you can create a regular schedule for Roof Soffits. It is indented beneath the Roof category when you make the schedule. It does not show the material in this schedule however, but you can get volume and area. So depending on what you need, you might be able to get there with that information...

paul

Paul F. Aubin

Paul F. Aubin Consulting Services, Inc.
Check out my books and training videos
paulaubin.com
Message 3 of 7
rosskirby

You could try modeling the soffit as a ceiling instead.  It works for us, and shows up in schedules, too.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 4 of 7
kate_vanhout
in reply to: Paul_F_Aubin

I included an image of where I think you are talking about. Am I looking in the right place?! Because What you are describing is exactly what I am looking for. I just need the area!.. I just can't seem to find it...

Message 5 of 7
Paul_F_Aubin

So sorry. Looks like this is new in 2014. 

You could model it as ceiling as suggested. Or another roof. You can place a comment in the comments field that says something like "Soffit" and then filter the schedule to look only for roofs or ceilings whose comment equals "Soffit."

Sorry about that. 

paul

Paul F. Aubin

paulaubin.com
Message 6 of 7
kate_vanhout
in reply to: Paul_F_Aubin

No worries.. I never specified which version I was using either... oops! Exciting to hear it will be in the next version though! 🙂 Until then, I will use Ceilings for my soffits... that seems to work just fine! Thanks so much for everyones help! It's greatly appreciated!

Message 7 of 7
Paul_F_Aubin

Glad to help. 

paul

Paul F. Aubin

paulaubin.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report