Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tagging Rooms in Linked Model - Tags lose host

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Kjtuck101
1492 Views, 2 Replies

Tagging Rooms in Linked Model - Tags lose host

We have linked building files into a central, master file, where we are tagging rooms. Often, this works fine. However, sometimes a room tag will randomly disassociate from it's host. It will show as a question mark with the copy monitor symbol, and we will have to "pick new host" to reassociate it with its room. This has started to happen more and more, and finding and retagging just a few rooms per plan view a waste of time.

Does anyone else have experience with this problem? Solutions?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
michael_coffey
in reply to: Kjtuck101

I've been having this problem as well. Not sure if it is user error in the link model or not.  What is most bothersome is that to retag the room, Revit will regenerate all open views to make rooms visible, even though I only am retagging in the one view.  This in 2016 version.  I believe this is a bug that Autodesk should address because it is a waste of time to wait for views that happen to be open in the background to regenerate needlessly.  This happens for each and every tag.  The only workaround I have found is to delete the tag and copy another one to its place which is much faster.

Message 3 of 3

Are the rooms being deleted and replaced in the linked file? That will cause a tag to lose it's host and will need to be re-associated with the newly placed room.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report