Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbolic linework best practice...to nest or not to nest?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
339 Views, 1 Reply

Symbolic linework best practice...to nest or not to nest?

I would like to get some feedback on the best practice for adding symbolic linework (to be viewed in plan instead of geometry) when families contain nested families. I currently add linework to the nest and also have linework in the parent, but find that the result is linework in the parent is not hidden, as shown in the image.

I have tried using a masking region in the nest and in the parent, both having no effect. The scroll will rotate, which affects what should be hidden. 

I even tried showing the scroll geometry in plan, but the lines underneath still show. 

linework.JPG

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

Symbolic lines can be a pain. I think they are even more problematic if they are nested, because they will show in views where they are not supposed to be, such as in section views, where, according to the location of the section line, the lines should not appear, but they do. Consider using model lines instead, with a hidden linetype, and with an option to turn them off, and/or visibility settings.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report