Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Pattern

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tonkata
396 Views, 4 Replies

Surface Pattern

As per a previous post, I was advised to cut and create a separate slab should I want to show a surface pattern on ground.

So why is the toilet still showing beneath? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I think the problem resides in the object Family . Probably  the Masking Region is missing ..

Try this:

1. in Project click on the object - plumbing fixture , that is transparent > Edit Family
  2. once in Family Editor try to identify in Floor Plans>Ref Level , using TAB , the type of entities .You must have a bunch of 3d entities , a series of  2d Symbolic LInes and a  Masking Region.
  3. Verify the Visibility Settings for all these entities. Usualy the 3d entities are not shown in Plan Level ....only the Symbolic Lines and the Masking Region 
  4. I believe that the Masking Region is missing in your case , so you have to add it....

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 3 of 5

It appears the Masking Region is present and visible on all layers?

Message 4 of 5
tonkata
in reply to: tonkata

Constantin I just started a new project, created a floor with a surface pattern, and added the component. The toilet component showed correctly.

Looks like something else is causing it! Could it be Phasing?

surface.JPG

Message 5 of 5

in case you used a Color Scheme ...check if in Properties > Color Scheme Location > is Background not Foreground

Image 104.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report