Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sun path and origin in updated families

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ingsusca
907 Views, 1 Reply

Sun path and origin in updated families

I have updated my RFA library to RY2013 (from RY2011, RY2008 before).

Inside Revit (full, Bulilding Design Suite), the preview pane of the "edit type" window shows for the updated component families the sun path circle centered in a position which is far from the insertion point of the component, always got as intersection of 3 strong reference planes with "define origin" checked. Because of this, the preview of the component is not immediately available and several zoom in operations are needed to give a look to the component. This is the case for 3D views and plan views.

The sun path cannot be turned off and also the origin of the sun path cannot be moved inside the family file.

Any solution for the single component family?

Is there a way to batch turn off the sun path circle in every view of each family of the library and also to move the origin of the sun path circle to the insertion point of the family?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ingsusca
in reply to: ingsusca

UPDATE

I have checked the behaviour of the update families inside different Revit projects starting from scratch.

If the original project template is from autodesk and with Revit RY2013, what I described above DOES NOT happen; on the other hand, if I use a personalized prototype, coming from previous Revit releases (Revit 8 probably), to create the project file, the unexpected behavior of the preview pane for component families happens -see attachment-.

So, the problem is related to the project template rather than to the updated families.

How to fix the problem?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report