Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscribe to hotfix announcements

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
duncan.lithgow
637 Views, 9 Replies

Subscribe to hotfix announcements

Hi all

What do I have to do to get announcements of newly available hotfixes for the software which ADSK knows I'm running?

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
LisaDrago
in reply to: duncan.lithgow

Attached is an image of where you can locate the communication satalite to wher you will find information about updates and info.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 10
duncan.lithgow
in reply to: LisaDrago

Hi Lisa

Thanks for that, but I don't get announcements - that systems looks like it only works if I click on it every now and then. I want a system which tells me, not a system I have to ask.

I can also conclude from looking at it's contents that it doesn't contain hotfixes. On my machine, just as in your picture, it says I'm up to date. But I know there are hotfixes which are not shown there.

Message 4 of 10
LisaDrago

I have my setting to when there is anything new  I have a balloon notification... But youcan go here specificaly for hot-fixes: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/index?siteID=123112&id=2956546&linkID=9243099

I do not thing you can subscribe to it.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 5 of 10
loboarch

You can subscribe to an RSS feed of the Product Support/Subscription page.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=9813092&siteID=123112

That will deliver infomration about any hotfixes/updates that might be available.  I don't think it is specifically for just Revit, that feed gives all Autodesk products, but it is automatic.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 6 of 10
LisaDrago

Thanks for the info!

LD

Message 7 of 10
duncan.lithgow
in reply to: loboarch

I was looking for a system which tells me, not a system I have to ask (which is how the RSS feed works - I don't regularly check my RSS feeds). So please don't be offended that I won't mark any answer as a solution.

Thanks for the help though.

Message 8 of 10
loboarch

You can set up RSS feeds and product update announcements to come in through communication center (radar dish in the upper right edge of the application frame).  In the settings for Infocenter you can also enable balloon notifications for when new content is posted to the items you want to know about.

Problem is with this method if you miss the notification it does not keep comming back over and over.  it shows once, so it is pretty easy to miss.  Clicking the radar dish will show the last 5 (configurable number) items which you may have missed.

comm_center.png

balloon_notify.png

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 9 of 10
duncan.lithgow

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that setting shows hotfixes.Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 10
duncan.lithgow

Jeff, can you confirm that there is no way to receive notification when hotfixes are released?

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report