Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stud Kicker Width Parameter

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
adam
757 Views, 2 Replies

Stud Kicker Width Parameter

This seemed like a simple family to create. I need to show an individual stud kicker down a corridor. The kicker needs to kick at a 45 degree angle from the front of a soffit to the wall. The width of the soffit is variable. The kicker length needs to chang and get longer along a 45 dgree angle.

I want to be able to 1) set the soffit width or 2) set the soffit width with a type parameter.

I have attached what I have so far.

I have a reference locked to the back side of the kicker. Attached a parameter dimension

Soffit Kicker Right.JPG

When you grip that reference line to the back it will extend the kicker along the plane the way I want. However, when I go to insert the kicker, and I change the dimension in the properties window, nothing happens. It just is inserted in the size I created.

That's ok. So I was going to create 1'-0" increment sized kickers. Assigning a soffit depth for each one. However than it gives me a constraint error.

I know this is an easy fix. I can feel it, because it is such an easy family. Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lanl
in reply to: adam

Hi Adam,

I just checked this rfa file, it seems that the original extrusion is over constrained based on the warning. I delete the extrusion, and then open Left view, create the extrusion, in edit mode, align the profile line to the two vertical reference planes, and the 45 degree ref plane. Then finish extrusion. Open ref level view, align the extrusion to the two EQ ref plane on this view. Then I create a new family type, and set the Soffit Depth value to 2', it works well now.

I attached the fixed rfa file "_MDI_Soffit Support Kicker-fix.rfa", please check. thanks. 

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Lei Lan
Message 3 of 3
adam
in reply to: lanl

Thank you. Above the call of duty. I realize I may have been trying too hard. Thank you again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report