Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural Horizontal attachment

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
211 Views, 1 Reply

Structural Horizontal attachment

With structural members does anyone know a good way to attach horizontal structrual members to the face of the vertical member rather than the center. I realize I can edit the family and change the intersection of the L/R center and top/bottom center but this would only work with one point. What if I want multiple horizontal members to attach to different faces and produce accurate cut lengths for the vertical members.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Unfortunately this is one area where Revit falls apart right now. The way that the structural families are made makes for some very frustrating automatic offsets in the ends of beams and does not allow for accurate cut lengths. I have put the request in to the structural team several times and expect this to be resolved in 7.0, but if it is not, I think that, no matter what other functionality they add for the structural guys, Revit will not be adequate for structural drawings. Make a request to the support team! G "web4bert" wrote in message news:31421796.1086811204246.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > With structural members does anyone know a good way to attach horizontal structrual members to the face of the vertical member rather than the center. I realize I can edit the family and change the intersection of the L/R center and top/bottom center but this would only work with one point. What if I want multiple horizontal members to attach to different faces and produce accurate cut lengths for the vertical members.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report