Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural Column visibility

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
alex60
996 Views, 5 Replies

Structural Column visibility

Hi all, I am doing a five stories building and when ad the structural column with  concrete cast in place material, the representation in plan view does not cover the block hatch of the wall. Please see attached image to see my problem. I have read all the help about structural columns and did not find any solution.

Thanks in advance, Alex

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

It looks like you are in Visual Style : Wireframe....if so, change it to Hidden Lines..

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 6

Hi Constantin, the attached image was done with hidden lines visual style. I was searching this discussion group and that question is done since 2008, but there is not answer to that problem.

Thanks Alex

Message 4 of 6
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: alex60

No problem here. I simply put the column interesecting the wall, without doing anything else:

8-9-2013 2-48-24 PM.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 6
alex60
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Hi Alfredo, I know that when you insert the column it wins the wall, but if you repeat the column, the situation changes and some columns are over the walls and others not. The literature says that the material must be set to Concrete or Precast, and the Revit standard columns have that parameter right.

Thanks, alex

Message 6 of 6

It happens it once or twice to me too and I solved it forcing Join.

I have selected the column >Join Geometry > selct the column and the wall....in those cases the situation was repaired....hope it will function to you too....

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report