Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural Beam Systems Display Issues

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
olsonda
10777 Views, 7 Replies

Structural Beam Systems Display Issues

I am using Revit 2013.  I have inserted a structural beam system (SBS).  It seems to be created correctly, although I can only see it if i hover ovr it.  I have read the other posts about this being a view range setting.  I played with the view range and still no luck.  I eaven moved my beams above my floor level by a foot and they still do not show.

The other issue I am having is that the only display that I get from the SBS is a dashed line.  I have set the beam type to a Plywood Web Joist:1-3/4x11-7/8, that I brought in from the OOTB families directory.  I can insert these and they display just fine with the beam tool, both below and above the cut plane.  I am wondering if something is not working correctly with my SBS tool

Any insight into this issue would be most helpful and place you on Santa's nice list.

Darek

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ccollins
in reply to: olsonda

Try applying a View Template called Structural Framing Plan--there should be one in the list under View>View Template Manage View Templates. Make sure to set the Discipline to Structural when selecting the View Template.

( It could be a Coarse/Medium/Fine detail in the view setting. )

This usually corrects the problem.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 8
olsonda
in reply to: ccollins

I wish that it would have been that easy.  I can't even see the beam in a 3d view.  BTW when I switched to the Structural Framing Plan view template and set the discipline to structural the only thing i can see is my floor slab and stairs, everything else disappeared.  Currently my SBS is set to an elevation 12" above my floor slab.

I'm at a loss here ...

Darek

Message 4 of 8
ccollins

Above the slab? Normally beam systems are placed below the slab. Perhaps that is why you are not seeing it.

Can you copy just the slab and beam system out to a new file and post it here?

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 5 of 8
olsonda
in reply to: ccollins

I moved the SBS all over the place to try and get it to be visible.  No such luck yet.  The interesting this is that if I place a beam using the beam command it displays just as one would suspect, in plan, 3D and sections views.

Very odd behavior but I will figure this out.

Darek

Message 6 of 8
lachlan

I have just had this issue. THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE TOOL IS GLITCHY! Thanks Autodesk. C'mon work it out. Basically it depends on the sketch lines. I redrew the beam system with a fresh set of lines in the same shape as the first time and it worked. The only thing that was different in my case was that I didn't use copy paste (from the roof shape above) to place the sketch lines. I started fresh!

Message 7 of 8

Your Detail level should be at "Fine" level. You can find it next to visual styles box. Then you will see the Beam system as it is.

Message 8 of 8

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report