Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stair tread and risers not visible in 3D View

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1131 Views, 6 Replies

Stair tread and risers not visible in 3D View

I've searched for a solution to this but I have yet to find it. Basically what is happening, I have sets of stairs that show properly in plan and section views but when I place a camera inside to create a 3D View the stringers and railings show but the treads and risers do not. I've tried everything that I can think of. There is nothing in "Reveal Hidden Elements" and no filters exist. Any help?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I should mention that I'm on Revit 2015.

Message 3 of 7
aaron

and a few years later, i'm having the same problem in Revit LT 2021. just modeled 1 of tens stairs... only the last does not show the top run of risers and treads, but shows the bottom treads and risers and all the stringers and railings... except the section of railing along the steps that are not showing is as if it's hosted on a floor instead of the stairs. It shows fine in plan view, but in 3D, they do not show. Did you find a solution?mystery stairs.jpg

Message 4 of 7
ennujozlagam

try to check your phasing or any view template assigned. or you can share the file so we can check. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 7
aaron
in reply to: ennujozlagam

i couldn't figure it out. it wasn't phasing as all the stairs in that image where of the same phase and type with (obviously) the same visibility settings. i changed the stair type and everything... the top flight of that sketched staircase just wasn't going to show up. so i deleted it and modeled a new stair by run and it all showed up all the way to the intended level in 3D view as well as plan view. I should note also that the deleted stair only showed full in plan views, but not in 3D nor in section. In those two views, only the bottom half of the treads and risers showed, but the railing and carriage showed up in all views to the intended top level.

After all this, it seemed as though Revit wasn't showing me risers and treads above the cut line of the plan view of the bottom level of that stair's attachment. But, then why does it suddenly show up when i re-create the stair using runs instead of by sketch? Who knows. Unfortunately, i don't have time to play with this as this is not a hobby, but a profession...

thanks though. 

Message 6 of 7
syman2000
in reply to: aaron

Do the stair have error message on it when you select it? Can you export out a small sample of stair so we can take a look?

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 7 of 7
aaron
in reply to: syman2000

i don't recall any error messages when I selected it. As I mentioned, I deleted it and rebuilt them. I'm still working on this staircase (tight squeeze in an existing box). I'll post back here if I run into the issue again. It was a first and only time I've seen anything like that... so far.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report