Revit Architecture

Distinguished Contributor
Message 1 of 1 (85 Views)

Stacked Wall Issue: Can this wall even be created?

85 Views, 0 Replies
08-26-2013 01:45 PM

I am trying to create my first stacked wall system.  The person who started the wall created it in 4 sections but I am trying to reduce that to three by combining sections 2 and 3.  For some reason I can't get it to work, possibly because the entire approach is wrong or because it's technically impossible.  Can this be done at all?  I really don't want to have to split this into two stacked walls.

AttachedFor some technical reason I'm unable to directly upload a file so I've attadched a DropBox link instead.  The zip file contains a project with only the stacked wall and an image file showing the context.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/chcrax36o5ch778/Stacked%20Wall%20Issue.zip

Section 1

A brick cavity wall that goes from slab to joist bearing.  The important feature is that the interior sheathing stops at joist bearing level.

Section 2

An extension of Section 1 going to the Top of Brick level that may or may not have interior side sheathing, depending on whether the wall is supported by kickers above the roof.

Section 3

The cap on the brick as the wall transitions to a thinner parapet material on the top section

Section 4

Top section of wall tied to top of parapet.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube