Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spot Slope for Ramps

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
nikana2000
16815 Views, 20 Replies

Spot Slope for Ramps

Is there a reason 'Spot Slope' works for floor slabs, but not ramps (in section)? 

Is there a work-around to have slopes notated for ramps?

Thank you in advance

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: nikana2000

See this other thread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-Architecture/Spot-Level-Problem/m-p/3571680#M62005

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 21
nikana2000
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thank you for the response Alfredo, however I'm looking for a spot "slope", not "elevation" or level.

I've attached a photo showing the difference.

/using 2013

Message 4 of 21
Alfredo_Medina

Spot slope works for ramps in section. (At least here, Revit 2013). The issue happens in the floor plan view, and the same trick "works" in that case, too.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 21
nikana2000

I tried again Alfredo in a separate/new file, and am unable to have 'spot slope' for ramps in section.

I even drew the ramp exactly perpendicular to the section line.

Message 6 of 21

Go to a 3D view, align it to Top mode so that you can see the ramp just like in a Plan view.

You'll now be able to add a spot slope to the ramp. Copy the spot slope, go to the Plan view, 'Paste to Current View'. Done!

- Sagar
Message 7 of 21

Thank you Sagar, but that does not work for me either.  (see attached screencapture for error message)

Also, I require the 'spot slope' for a section, not plan.

Message 8 of 21
Alfredo_Medina

Spot slope on ramps works fine for me in elevation or section view (Revit 2013). In plan, it still has that "bug" which can be "fixed" by placing the spot slope first on a floor and then moving the spot slope to the ramp.

12-5-2012 4-42-46 PM.jpg

Message 9 of 21
nikana2000

Digging into the issue deeper, I can get a spot slope in section only if the ramp has a railing (which the slope is not related to the ramp).

I thought I'd try this from a new project created from a standard 'Architectural' template, but received the same results as above.  It is attached.

Are you able to place a a spot slope in section to the ramp without rails?

/Edit: Not letting me attach the 880kb RVT file

Message 10 of 21
Alfredo_Medina

Yes, without rails, or with rails.

Message 11 of 21

Nikana,

Not sure what you're doing wrong, but pasting spot slope from 3D view to Floor Plan view works just fine, we've done it with a lot of projects.

I tried in a fresh project again and it works fine, see attached screenshot.

- Sagar
Message 12 of 21
lmlederer

OMG!  Alfredo to the rescue again!  I Googled this problem and it took me to your post from 2012!  Thank you!

Message 13 of 21
lmlederer

P.S. They still haven't fixed it in Revit 2019. 🙄

Message 14 of 21
_Vijay
in reply to: lmlederer

Try from floor corners. .means edge of the floor.

Message 15 of 21
mauricio_mssf

Hi everyone!

In fact Revit from 2014 to 2020 at least, tag the spot slope on ramps in the floor plan, but there is a bug, it only accepts placing the tag on ramps that are at least 4 feet (1.22 meters) below the cutting plane.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/EN... 

So you would have to raise your cutting plane 4 feet (1.22m) above de ramp, place the tag, then return the cutting plane to its original position. 

As you can see in the video.

Video - Ramp Slope spot 

I even created a topic of ideas suggesting that a ramp projection be placed above the cutting plane as it does on stairs, and suggesting solving this slope issue. You can vote if you like it.
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/include-projection-line-on-ramps/idi-p/9713666 

If the answer solves your problem, click Accept as Solution this helps other users to quickly find an answer and like if you liked it.

Você achou esta postagem útil? Sinta-se à vontade para curtir esta postagem.
Ficou satisfeito com a resposta à sua pergunta? Nesse caso, clique no botão ACEITAR SOLUÇÃO.

Mauricio Santos Filho Arquiteto | BIM Manager
EESignature 

Message 16 of 21
jeroenm
in reply to: mauricio_mssf

Went through thread by thread, tip by tip ... and none of these have worked.  v2020  

The only place I could get it to even show up was in 3D.  It did not copy over.

Message 17 of 21
mahdi_1or0

go to level1 , view range, enter in cut plane & Bottom :Ramp high+1.22

Now insert spot slope. You can after change view range, have spot slope.

Message 18 of 21
lauren.stassi
in reply to: jeroenm

I agree. None of these work for me. When I copy and paste the spot slope from 3D or a section or a floor plan with a higher cut plane, it changes to [No Slope] on my ramp or says it can't host and asks to delete the element. This is in 2021
Message 19 of 21
jeroenm

I have pretty much given up on trying different work-arounds for ramps and labeling spot slopes. It shouldn't require having to manipulate views, cut heights or planes. Most often, if it is not a simple straight run ramp, i tend to model ramps as a floor. It gives the custom flexibility to do what we need. I have also started using floors for sidewalks and site ramps, which allows for the use of "modifying sub elements" and coordinating slopes more accurately with civil drawings and adjacent surfaces when needed. There is a quirk when attaching railings to sloped floors. You will need to attach railings before you modify the slope in order for the railing to properly follow the slope, but it is doable. It just requires a little bit of forethought on the process of what you are trying to accomplish.

Message 20 of 21

Do not despair. According to my reliable sources on the inside, Autodesk has a solution, it will be possible to specify the slope of a ramp in plan view in a simple way in version 2036.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report