Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solar study export problem

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
CADdaddy.com
1251 Views, 6 Replies

Solar study export problem

When I export my solor study I am having a hard time controlling the size of the building in the frame.  Also, and the building seems to move when the movie is played.  Is the anyway to zoom in on the building and keep the **** thing from moving around?  I've attached my AVI.

Thanks,

James LeVieux

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ryan.duell
in reply to: CADdaddy.com

I was able to reproduce a similar scenario in my testing.  I have followed up with the development team for some verification and will update this thread when additional information is available.  Thank you.

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 7
CADdaddy.com
in reply to: ryan.duell

Thanks Ryan.

James

Message 4 of 7
ryan.duell
in reply to: CADdaddy.com

Just to give you a heads up, in my testing this behavior was improved after applying the Web Update 2 Service Pack for Revit 2011.  Are the results improved for you as well?
Links are below if needed:
Thanks again,

Just to give you a heads up, in my testing this behavior was improved after applying the Web Update 2 Service Pack for Revit 2011.  Are the results improved for you as well?

Links are below if needed:

http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/09/revit-2011-web-update-2-service-pack-now-available....

Thanks again,

Ryan Duell
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ryan.duell

Hi guys

we have the same problem though the service pack 2 is installed.

Any further tips?

Alessio Boco

SWECO Architects AB

Message 6 of 7
ryan.duell
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you for your patience during this review process.  To keep you posted, the development team did reproduce and isolate what is going on with this issue. 

In previous releases shadows could be cut off depending on the view when they passed outside the view area.  This would cause unintended cropping of shadows, so a change was implemented in 2011 which resolved this.  However, it appears that depending on the view in 2011, this can cause the view to “jump” around when the shadows get close to the edge of the view.

The development team has identified this issue, and will be working to resolve this behavior in a future update \ release.  I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you for the time being.

Thank you, 

Ryan Duell
Message 7 of 7
ryan.duell
in reply to: Anonymous

I wanted to include an approach which should work around this issue for the meantime.  The blog post is included below:

http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/01/exported-solar-study-frames-appear-to-jump-around-i...

As always please let us know if this works around the issue, and mark this thread as solved if this is the case.

Thank you,

Ryan Duell

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report