Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site plan and not roof plan

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
m.zygaitis
3439 Views, 6 Replies

Site plan and not roof plan

Hi, 

by default revit shows roof plan in the Site plan view. 

Is it possible to show site plan that one line would  represent building contour? Also is it possible to cast shadows of all the building if the first floor is selected? 

i was trying to make site plan from the fist floor, but since i gave intense topography ground is being cut and i need full topography.

i am using 2013 revit.

Please help.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
vector2
in reply to: m.zygaitis

The site plan view shows the roof because the view range

for that view is set to cut very high, but you can change it. 

As for shadows in plan view, yes just turn them on.

Message 3 of 7
jim5552

If topography gets above the first floor and is being cut, I believe you could try creating a plan region around the building, lowering the cut plain at the building but keeping the high cut plain for the rest of the site.

View>Plan View>Plan Region

Message 4 of 7
ConstantineC

I have similar question but the thing is that I do want to show both the roof and the walls

Something like this :

ConstantineC_0-1691826747293.png

What is the way to do it? Set cutplane to cut the walls and then underlay look up to the roof? I tried this but I cant see the roof lines

Message 5 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: ConstantineC

Set the cut plane above opening but below roof. Turn on under lay and use linework tool to override the roof outline and ridge lines with Overhead line style. Turn off underlay.

Message 6 of 7
ConstantineC
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks alot!

This also just fixed something I did`t know why is not working. I could not select any line when in Linework tool. Then I tried in another project and it worked over there and I didnt know why. 

I just realized that If you set the Linework to By Category, you can`t select any line. I found some older posts with same issue and they were suggesting Revit reinstall or video driver issue.... I just lost like 1 hour trying to find answers.

Message 7 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: ConstantineC

Linework By Category only works on lines that have been overridden to another line type. By Category means to bring the lines back to their original.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report