Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site Pad

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
213 Views, 1 Reply

Site Pad

Hello,

I'm working on a refurbishement project that involves the extention of
an existing building.

I'm placing a pad where the extention is, and assign it as new
construction, however, it affects the topograophy on my "existing" phase
drawings.

Any idea on how to resolve this?

Thank you.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
melarch
in reply to: Anonymous

Pads like floors and roofs when an opening is placed in one leave a hole. You are placing an object that cuts holes no matter what phase into an object even if it is existing. The way to handle this is to set up you toposurface correctly.

Whenever creating a toposurface for a project make sure to create an existing site view and create your toposurface in that existing view. When planning any changes to the toposurface that will result in a future phase, use the Graded Region command to create a duplicate toposurface in the future phase and make your toposurface changes.

When you use the Graded Region command in a future phased on an existing toposurface you will receive a message telling you that the toposurface must be an prior phase element and then ask if you want to duplicate the toposurface for the future phase.

Its the way it works and quite nicely because you can get fill and cut information from the new phase toposurfaces element properties. Albeit they are grayed out, still it helps in understanding how much earth needs to be removed or replaced.

Mel Persin, aia
Mel Persin, aia

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report