Revit Architecture

a.whisker
Message 1 of 4 (86 Views)

Single Day Lighting in a Walkthrough

86 Views, 3 Replies
05-01-2012 10:54 PM

Does anyone know how to get single day lighting working in a walkthrough? I've tried just setting the lighting to that but it won't render as a proper walkthrough animation (just saves as a 1 second thing). Everything was fixed when I turned the lighting back to a fixed time though.

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 4 (73 Views)

Re: Single Day Lighting in a Walkthrough

05-02-2012 07:26 AM in reply to: a.whisker

I am not sure if it is possible to combine walkthrough with solar study. Both things are animations, of different kind. Have you seen them combined?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
a.whisker
Message 3 of 4 (57 Views)

05-02-2012 04:26 PM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Not using Revit. But since Revit can move the sun and can move the camera it does seem like a fairly logical progression to be able to do both at once. It's possible this is not something that can be done in Revit 2012 but I thought I should raise the issue because as it stands my only option appears to be moving my model to a different program. And that is not really a solution.

Mentor
parveen.revit
Message 4 of 4 (48 Views)

05-02-2012 08:30 PM in reply to: a.whisker

It's good that you highlighted this issue.

Though Main functionality of Revit is to do building projects (with some supporting functionality of vizualization), Autodesk may see this as a long term goal (if they really want to merge 3ds Max into Revit) at later stage.

For you, you can manage by taking you project into 3ds max. BTW, 3ds Max can directly open Revit native files and you don't need to use fbx route.

Parveen_Intec_Infocom (BIM, CAD, GIS, QS Services' Provider)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube