Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Day Lighting in a Walkthrough

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
a.whisker
224 Views, 3 Replies

Single Day Lighting in a Walkthrough

Does anyone know how to get single day lighting working in a walkthrough? I've tried just setting the lighting to that but it won't render as a proper walkthrough animation (just saves as a 1 second thing). Everything was fixed when I turned the lighting back to a fixed time though.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: a.whisker

I am not sure if it is possible to combine walkthrough with solar study. Both things are animations, of different kind. Have you seen them combined?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4
a.whisker
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Not using Revit. But since Revit can move the sun and can move the camera it does seem like a fairly logical progression to be able to do both at once. It's possible this is not something that can be done in Revit 2012 but I thought I should raise the issue because as it stands my only option appears to be moving my model to a different program. And that is not really a solution.

Message 4 of 4
parveen.revit
in reply to: a.whisker

It's good that you highlighted this issue.

Though Main functionality of Revit is to do building projects (with some supporting functionality of vizualization), Autodesk may see this as a long term goal (if they really want to merge 3ds Max into Revit) at later stage.

For you, you can manage by taking you project into 3ds max. BTW, 3ds Max can directly open Revit native files and you don't need to use fbx route.

Parveen_Intec_Infocom (BIM, CAD, GIS, QS Services' Provider)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report