Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silid Fill Export

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
476 Views, 4 Replies

Silid Fill Export

Is there a way to get a solid fill to show up empty in ACAD? I am exporting elevations and use a solid white filled region to crop everything below grade, but it shows up as a solid block in ACAD. I then have to go in and erase it in each drawing. Is there a way to get this to export to CAD and look like it does in Revit? thanks for the help Mike Wiseman
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

No. Unfortunately AutoCAD only understands black and white as both black (15,999,999 colors) Revit on the other hand understand black as black and white as white. The only thing you can do is set the fill to a separate layer and then turn that layer off in AutoCAD. Some Revit users have employed a method of using 255,255,254 with is 1 byte away from white. This can be used to fool AutoCAD into seeing a very light color, but it is a sad work around in AutoCAD. Maybe someday AutoCAD will understand black and white, but I think it will be another 10 years. "Mike Wiseman" wrote in message news:40be3ab7$1_3@newsprd01... > Is there a way to get a solid fill to show up empty in ACAD? I am exporting > elevations and use a solid white filled region to crop everything below > grade, but it shows up as a solid block in ACAD. I then have to go in and > erase it in each drawing. Is there a way to get this to export to CAD and > look like it does in Revit? > > thanks for the help > Mike Wiseman > >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Actually, I found a way to do it. I simply modified my filled region to have no pattern, opaque background, and set the color to white. (these were the settings for a "solid white" fill with "solid fill" selected as the fill pattern. I just changed the fill pattern to "no pattern") Now, the filled region still does what I want in Revit, and comes through as empty space in ACAD. Mike "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message news:40be48bd$1_3@newsprd01... > No. Unfortunately AutoCAD only understands black and white as both black > (15,999,999 colors) Revit on the other hand understand black as black and > white as white. > > The only thing you can do is set the fill to a separate layer and then turn > that layer off in AutoCAD. Some Revit users have employed a method of using > 255,255,254 with is 1 byte away from white. This can be used to fool AutoCAD > into seeing a very light color, but it is a sad work around in AutoCAD. > > Maybe someday AutoCAD will understand black and white, but I think it will > be another 10 years. > > "Mike Wiseman" wrote in message > news:40be3ab7$1_3@newsprd01... > > Is there a way to get a solid fill to show up empty in ACAD? I am > exporting > > elevations and use a solid white filled region to crop everything below > > grade, but it shows up as a solid block in ACAD. I then have to go in and > > erase it in each drawing. Is there a way to get this to export to CAD and > > look like it does in Revit? > > > > thanks for the help > > Mike Wiseman > > > > > >
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Excellent! Now our consultants wont freak out when they see big green solid hatches! "Mike Wiseman" wrote in message news:40bf2c30$1_2@newsprd01... > Actually, I found a way to do it. I simply modified my filled region to have
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Good trick. Never would have thought that would have worked. "E.L. Stewart" wrote in message news:40bf3974$1_1@newsprd01... > Excellent! Now our consultants wont freak out when they see big green solid > hatches! > > > "Mike Wiseman" wrote in message > news:40bf2c30$1_2@newsprd01... > > Actually, I found a way to do it. I simply modified my filled region to > have > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report