Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing the “file name” on the title block,

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
JamaL9722060
1944 Views, 5 Replies

I’m not sure if there is workaround to show the file name only WITHOUT the path. This option is avaible in the AutoCAD. Please, have a look on the attached screenshots

Thank you

Best

Jamal

---------------------------
Jamal Numan
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
LisaDrago
in reply to: JamaL9722060

Hello - I currently do not see a way of doing this unless it is manually typed in - which of course we want to avoid.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 6
JamaL9722060
in reply to: LisaDrago

Thanks LisaDrago

Best

Jamal

---------------------------
Jamal Numan
Message 4 of 6
jlg_design

Can adding a file name to a titleblock without a path be added to the wish list?

Jeff

Message 5 of 6

In the context of a Revit model containing all the sheets for a project the filename doesn't have the same usefullness when compared to a file based system like AutoCAD, unless you are printing multiple layouts from a single DWG file. When someone sees the filename and path it doesn't help them find the PDF file for Sheet A100 for example. As such Revit misses the mark in carrying on that tradition. Since there are a number of ways our sheets can end up as individual files it is hard for Revit to anticipate or provide a suitable way to plug in a unique value until the data is exported outside of Revit.

The company Bluebeam offers the ability to add custom headers and footers to PDF documents which can be the filename. In this instance it is just the filename and extension so that might be an option you can consider. If you are dealing with exports to AutoCAD you could add the filename to those files after exporting, this way they'll point to an actual file instead of the Revit project file.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 6 of 6
lionel.kai

I found this on a search for something else - I know it's an old thread, but thought I should mention for others that may find this that we use Egan Project Startup (free; check "Central File Path" on the "Central File Name" tab; see also my configuration notes).

See also "Central File Path" and "User Name" parameters for Labels in Titleblocks for a related Revit Idea.

Lionel J. Camara
BIM Manager at KAI Hawaii, Inc. - Structural and Forensic Engineers
Autodesk Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report