Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing Cut and Fill in Revit - Section & Site plan

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
nPoika
10091 Views, 8 Replies

Showing Cut and Fill in Revit - Section & Site plan

Hey there gang! 

I'm working on an assignment at present which needs to depict the site cut, fill and batters on both site and section view.

I'm trying to achieve something like this:

http://lazarlandscape.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/cut-and-fill-detail.jpg

I have toposurface happening in both the existing and new construction phases, and have modified the new construction one. 

I can get it to show the existing and new ground levels in section view when I change the phase filter, but I can't seem to be able to change the hatching to represent cut and fill. I even tried detailing it in, however I can't seem to get lines to snap to the section cut toposurface. 

Any ideas or thoughts, would be greatly appreciated. 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
LisaDrago
in reply to: nPoika

For Revit - it is not capable of doing this..

AutoCAD Civil 3D will do this.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 9
nPoika
in reply to: LisaDrago

Is there anyway of converting the toposurface in views to standard annotation lines? 

Message 4 of 9

yes it is a method:

in Floor Plan : Site

Open the Application Menu ( big R) > Export >CAD formats >DWG...save it as autoCAD file

From  Insert >Import CAD > Layers/Levels - specify only the layers of terrain ( C-TOPO, C-TOPO-MAJR , C-TOPO-MINR)

The imported dwg file is a 2d now. Select it and drag it in a free space of the drawing.

Then,  Import Instance > Explode >Partial Explode . Select with window all exploded entities. Use Filter > choose only Lines.

Edit > Convert Lines - now, all the lines will be 2d detail lines

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 5 of 9

being detail lines , they will be visible only in the Floor Plane in wich the dwg file was imported..

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 6 of 9

About your first question maybe my method satisfies you:

In the attached files it is shown a  vertical section through terrain in which can be seen the existing line, the designed one, the excavated terrain and the infillments.

I used:  Massing and Site > Modify Site > Graded Region.

Then  on the two entities ( the natural soil and the new worked one ), in section,  apply:  View > Override Graphics in View >Override by Element as shown in the two screenshots....

And if this graphics is completed with a Topography Schedule which contains Fill, Cut and Net Cut/Fill this can be well enough....at least this is my opinion...

Constantin

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 7 of 9

The images you attatched look perfect! 

However, I'm not following your instructions very well (probably my bad). Is there any chance you can send me a sample file? (It's okay if you can't)

Thank you very much, in the meantime I'll have a play

Message 8 of 9
nPoika
in reply to: nPoika

Oh, I get it. It's a blend of the two soils in section view. Yeah. I love the idea, but I don't think that'll when me any brownies when it comes to having the assignment graded. I think I'll have to lock in the export to DWG then import it again. 

Thanks anyways, I'll definitely keep it in mind for future projects.

Message 9 of 9

Hi Constantin, @constantin.stroescu 

How do you actually separate the hatching? 

Because when you use graded region it creates another surface on top of the existing. 

So when you use View > Override Graphics in View and change the pattern it does it to the whole surface and 

not just to the area which is cut or fill. 

Hope that makes sense. 

Thank you

Dimitri 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report