Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcut key for moving forward and backwards in views ?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Mark_Engwirda
3355 Views, 9 Replies

Shortcut key for moving forward and backwards in views ?

You can go backwards or forwards in views by using  the crtl+tab key (backward) and the crtl+shift+tab (go forward again).

Because I am a lefty (mouse in left hand) its difficult to use the tab key without reaching across the keyboard.

Is there a way of making use of these command/keystrokes by assigning a  shortcut keys?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Jason_S
in reply to: Mark_Engwirda

I think this is a Windows or OS command that Revit uses.  I am not sure how to change it or if it can be changed.

Message 3 of 10

View>User Interface >Keyboard Shortcuts

Image 3.png

Image 4.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 4 of 10

I looked in there and couldn't find it.  Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab are an OS thing and can't be modified through Revit.

Unless I am missing something.

Message 5 of 10
Mark_Engwirda
in reply to: Jason_S

Thanks for that, I think you are right.
Message 6 of 10

Thanks for your efforts here Constantine

My apologies if the question is not clear, I am looking for a command to assign a short cut key for moving forwards or backwards in views rather than where to locate and assign a short cut key.

Feedback so far is that this is a windows OS command and therefore a keyboard shortcut or any other key can't be assigned to it.

Thanks Mark

Message 7 of 10

You can try remap the keyboard, instead of creating shortcut key.

For example, you can change the right shift (or other key) to TAB.

Try to find keytweak. I've used it in the past to disable F1 key (I know, it's just an AutoCAD thing).

Good luck!

If this post solves your problem, please mark it as solved. It will help others with a similar problem to find a solution.

Kind regards,

Edwin Prakoso
LinkedIn | Website | Twitter
Message 8 of 10

Thanks heaps Edwin, Keytweak worked so easily.
I remapped the end key to now work like the tab key!
Message 9 of 10

I'm glad that it works for you 😉
If this post solves your problem, please mark it as solved. It will help others with a similar problem to find a solution.

Kind regards,

Edwin Prakoso
LinkedIn | Website | Twitter
Message 10 of 10

Edwin, I am a left handed mouse user, and have been able to change shortcut keys in REVIT to right hand friendly sequence.  However, I am not able to reassign Tab key.  I have used Windows Power Toys Settings to change the Tab key to another key, however REVIT does not recognize the change.  When I delete the Windows Power Toys key assignment for 'TAB' Revit reverts back to original functionality of the TAB key.

I see within this thread that the other user has been able to reassign the key with success, but I feel I am missing something. 

Please advise if you are able to offer a suggestion. Thank you! 

nathanm7UMUX_0-1701787316819.png

Nathan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report