Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheathing and siding overlapping issue

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
J.Matos
1077 Views, 5 Replies

Sheathing and siding overlapping issue

Hi! In my project there's a place where the floor is visible due to a slant in the terrain; my objective is to extend the exterior material of the wall bellow its bottom until it reaches the lower side of the floor.

problems-between-wall-and-pad.jpg

I searched the forum, and found a thread which explains the procedure: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-Architecture/How-to-get-sheathing-and-siding-of-exterio.... However, although I was able to extend negatively the exterior material, it does not "cut" through the floor.

section.jpg

As you can see, I extended the outer surface, but to no avail. The structure of the building consists of a thin building pad, a floor and attached walls to the floor. What am I doing wrong?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ccollins
in reply to: J.Matos

Could you try attaching the Wall to the Floor?

Or perhaps use Edit Profile to align the bottom edge to the sloping slab below Finish Floor?

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 6
J.Matos
in reply to: ccollins

Unfortunately, attaching the wall to the floor doesn't do anything; and when I edit the profile the wall does extend bellow the floor, but the problem persists.

Message 4 of 6
ccollins

Shouildn't the edge of the floor be pulled back where the exterior layer of the wall extends down?

You could try editing the footprint of the floor to achieve this.

Also, have you tried using Cut Geometry?

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 5 of 6
J.Matos
in reply to: ccollins

I tried your first option on a simple test, with a floor with wood finish and an exterior wall, and it does indeed work.

test.jpg

However, I was unable to replicate it in the project; I assume it is because I assigned different materials to my floor. To do it, I divided the floor in parts; thus, editing the floor (part) profile is not straightforward - I don't know why does a dashed blue line appears 'outside' the limit of what previously was the floor...

edit-parts.jpg

Regarding your second sugestion - Cut Geometry - it doesn't appear to work, but I could be doing something wrong.

Message 6 of 6
J.Matos

I discovered that I could adjust the footprint of the floor by going to a section and selecting there the floor, returning to a plan view in order to edit it. I don't know if that's the best option, but it works.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report