Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Parameters: Editing/Changing Type?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
BobJayson2618
3138 Views, 1 Reply

Shared Parameters: Editing/Changing Type?

I have no problem adding a shared parameter, but if I assign it the wrong type and it appears impossible to change it without adding a new parameter under a different name.  I then deleted the old one, but Revit doesn't like that.  They appear difficult to purge or delete without a hiccup relating to the original label the parameter was assigned to.

Example:  I made a parameter for my clients occupied area (Footprint) and used the integer type by mistake.  Apparently integers are only supposed to go up to 999.  It refused to recognize the "Digital Grouping" so I had to convert over to the Area type. 

If I try to change the type the field is grayed out. Any suggestions or similar problems. 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Delete the old shared parameter, and create another one with another unit. Nothing serious is going to happen. If there was any data or constraint already associated with that shared parameter, it will be lost, but that's about it, and Revit warns you about that before actually deleting the parameter.

About the integers' limit, I think you can go up to 1,000,000,000, not just 999 as you said. But, yes, it might not accept the digital grouping, and Area was the appropriate unit in this case.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report