Revit Architecture

*Eugene N. Kilmer
Message 1 of 2 (63 Views)

Shared Parameter?

63 Views, 1 Replies
05-06-2004 06:57 AM
I need to solve a little mystery. I've created my own truss and have added a length parameter named "Length" to it in the hope that the length would appear in the structural framing schedule. It does not. I opened the steel beam that, by default, is loaded into new Revit projects and found a similar Length parameter there that does appear in the schedule. What is the difference between my parameter and the steel beam's parameter? Do I have to go through all the external text file creation stuff to create a shared parameter in order to see my length in the schedule?
*v.valentijn
Message 2 of 2 (63 Views)

Re: Shared Parameter?

05-06-2004 07:43 AM in reply to: *Eugene N. Kilmer
As you write it here it seems you -have not added the parameter >Length< to the shared parameter file - instead you only gave it the name Length, thinking it should work? Just - add the parameter to the shared parameters, it's done in a second! depending from your Revit version you can - add the parameter to shared parameter file when you add the parameter itself [in latest versions] or add it to the shared parameters via the file menu... either way it's a piece of cake. btw.. don't forget to use this shared parameter instead of the one you have, a name doesn't mean a thing.. although you won't be able to use the same name in the same family twice. Now you'll find the parameter in your schedules for sure. "Eugene N. Kilmer" schreef in bericht news:409a4264_1@newsprd01... > I need to solve a little mystery. I've created my own truss and have added > a length parameter named "Length" to it in the hope that the length would > appear in the structural framing schedule. It does not. I opened the steel > beam that, by default, is loaded into new Revit projects and found a similar > Length parameter there that does appear in the schedule. What is the > difference between my parameter and the steel beam's parameter? Do I have > to go through all the external text file creation stuff to create a shared > parameter in order to see my length in the schedule? > >

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube