Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shaft Opening Default offsets to 0

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mscottgoldberg
1110 Views, 5 Replies

Shaft Opening Default offsets to 0

Trying to create a shaft opening, but the top and bottom offsets are defaulting to 0'0", which automatically delivers an error message stating the obvious.. "the top of the opening is lower than the bottom of the opening or coincident with it..."  Can't delete the element as one has not been created... How do i work around this?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Right after selecting the Shaft Opening tool (and before you start sketching), adjust the Base Offset and/or the other Constraints in the Properties palette to assure that the Base will be below the Top.  Both offsets can be 0, if the Base and Top Constraints are not set to the same level.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 6

Thanks, but I don't have the opportunity to select or change the level (base and top) constraints... immediately after selecting the shaft tool, the error message pops up... Both the top and bottom constraints fo reason default to the same level...

Message 4 of 6
rdegroen
in reply to: mscottgoldberg

Any updates on this?

I'm having the same problem, when i select "Shaft opening" i immediately get the error.

So i dont have the chance to insert the correct values. i've also tried to copy a shaft from an other project and use "create similar", but i get the same error.

Its really annoying cause it somehow got into my template..

Message 5 of 6
James.clinch
in reply to: rdegroen

Had the same problem.

Workaround; Set your work plane BEFORE you go inte the Shaft command.

//James.

Message 6 of 6
rdegroen
in reply to: James.clinch

Thanks, this resetted the shaft and its now working again:)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report