Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Temp Dimension Size

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Central_Standard
475 Views, 5 Replies

Setting Temp Dimension Size

Hi

Revit 2010

I'm trying to change the temp dimension size. (Is there anyone who can read the 8pt.?) I've looked at the .ini file and don't see where I can change it. I've also read where it can be changed via some 'option'. Under which tab and panel is the 'option'? 

Hey, I'm new at this...

Thanks

Central Standard

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
loboarch
in reply to: Central_Standard

I don't have 2010 installed to show exactly where it is, but it is goign to be close to what I am showing.  The "Options" dialog is opened from the Application menu.  The application menu is the big purple "R" in the upper left corner of the application window.  In the options dialog you will find a tab that says "Graphics" on this tab is the control for temp dim appearance.

temp_dims_settting.png

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 6
Central_Standard
in reply to: loboarch

Thanks Jeff, but it apeears the 2010 version is slighly different. It has a slightly different set up which does not show a size selection for the temp dims. See the attached file. 

I'll keep looking.

Greg

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after.
Message 4 of 6

This is a newer feature - I don't believe it was aviable in 2010. 

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 5 of 6

Here is a snippet from my 2010 revit.ini file. If I remember correctly it defaults to 8 points if no entry is there, so you need to add in the line TempDim....

[Graphics]
InvertBackground=0
TempDimFontSizeInPoints=14
[Colors]
HiliteColor=16741179

Message 6 of 6

That's it!

What I didn't understand from some previous posts (not in this thread) that the line "TempDim....." had to be completly added. I was looking for that line to edit and of course it's not there.

Thank to all who replied!

bowdown.gif 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report