Revit Architecture

Message 1 of 6 (238 Views)
Accepted Solution

Setting Temp Dimension Size

238 Views, 5 Replies
08-26-2012 02:28 PM

Hi

Revit 2010

I'm trying to change the temp dimension size. (Is there anyone who can read the 8pt.?) I've looked at the .ini file and don't see where I can change it. I've also read where it can be changed via some 'option'. Under which tab and panel is the 'option'? 

Hey, I'm new at this...

Thanks

Central Standard

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after.
Employee
loboarch
Message 2 of 6 (226 Views)

Re: Setting Temp Dimension Size

08-27-2012 05:18 AM in reply to: Central_Standard

I don't have 2010 installed to show exactly where it is, but it is goign to be close to what I am showing.  The "Options" dialog is opened from the Application menu.  The application menu is the big purple "R" in the upper left corner of the application window.  In the options dialog you will find a tab that says "Graphics" on this tab is the control for temp dim appearance.

temp_dims_settting.png

Jeff Hanson
Sr. Subject Matter Expert
Autodesk, Revit User Experience
Message 3 of 6 (205 Views)

08-27-2012 09:15 PM in reply to: loboarch

Thanks Jeff, but it apeears the 2010 version is slighly different. It has a slightly different set up which does not show a size selection for the temp dims. See the attached file. 

I'll keep looking.

Greg

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after.
*Expert Elite*
LisaDrago
Message 4 of 6 (189 Views)

08-28-2012 11:14 AM in reply to: Central_Standard

This is a newer feature - I don't believe it was aviable in 2010. 

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Active Contributor
Message 5 of 6 (183 Views)

08-28-2012 12:05 PM in reply to: Central_Standard

Here is a snippet from my 2010 revit.ini file. If I remember correctly it defaults to 8 points if no entry is there, so you need to add in the line TempDim....

[Graphics]
InvertBackground=0
TempDimFontSizeInPoints=14
[Colors]
HiliteColor=16741179

Message 6 of 6 (174 Views)

08-28-2012 12:30 PM in reply to: peterjegan

That's it!

What I didn't understand from some previous posts (not in this thread) that the line "TempDim....." had to be completly added. I was looking for that line to edit and of course it's not there.

Thank to all who replied!

bowdown.gif 

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube