Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section Markers

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2625 Views, 2 Replies

Section Markers

We as a company have just made the step towards Revit and I have been given the task to start using it and getting things to be presented as our company standards.

I have took a bit of time to create our section markers. They all seemed to work great and ticked them as complete off my list till I tested them and realised they are numbered. Is there a way I can get my section to be alphabetical e.g. section A-A, B-B etc.

Thanks

Steve

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

Not automatically. Revit uses "Section 1", "Section 2", etc.However, after the section view has been placed on a sheet, the user can select the section line or the viewport, and enter a new value for the Detail Number parameter, such as "AA".

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: Anonymous

Try this:

• New > Family >New Family-Select Template File >English >Annotation > Section Head
  • Draw here an arrow as want to be  and then: Create >Text > Label >Edit Label > from Category Parameters choose View Name > click on the green arrow to load it in Label Parameters and ok
  • Position the label as you want to be in relation with the arrow sign
  • Save under a name and load it in your project

• In the project make a section line
  • selct the line and Edit Type > Type Properties >Graphics >Section Tag ...click on 3 points button > Section Head opesns ...choose your type 
  • Now if you name your section View (in Properties A-A, B-B ) the name will appaear on you Floor Plane

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report