Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section Line / Elevation View Depths

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
limestonefab
2098 Views, 1 Reply

Section Line / Elevation View Depths

Hello -

2 part question:

1) How do I keep a section line from showing up in two different elevations:....have a section line in east elev.....it shows up in same spot in west elev.....but the view is the east elev....only want to see section line in east elev?

2) While looking at my west elevation, I can see things in the east elev, which is 100' apart.....how do I keep from seeing(and selecting!) things in the east elev while looking at the west elev?

Thanks for any help...

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ccollins
in reply to: limestonefab

1. The Section Marks will automatically appear in elevation views. You can use a View Template to control the visibility

of annotations for views, such as turning on/off Sections. You could also create a "working Section Type" by duplicating the standard Section, and apply a Filter and set it via View Templates to automatically control visibility of the Section Marks.

2. In a plan view, highlight the elevation or section, and you will see its "depth box" which you can drag as far back into the view from the cut plane as desired. In an Elevation or Section View Properties, you can also select Far Clipping and specify a specific distance, or turn Far Clip on/off, etc.

Hope this helps.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report